The Main Stage Theatre
The Main Stage Theatre at the LSPU Hall is a newly renovated black box studio theatre with fully functioning sound and lighting systems suitable for intimate theatrical presentations as well as conferences, concerts, dance, film and theatre festivals, recitals, corporate events.
- Seating Capacity: 198 total
- 178 fixed plush stadium seating
- 20 free-standing chairs (front floor row)
- Wheelchair accessible seating available in front row by removal of black chairs
- Seat map
Rental Rates (Updated Aug 2017)
Not for Profit/Artist:
- $365 per night – one performance (Mon–Thurs)
- $487 per night – one performance (Fri-Sun)
- $150 per additional performance – same day (matinee or late night)
- $2440 weekly rental rate
Main Stage Box Office
Rates for the Main Stage include:
- Technical Support for set up
- daily – 8 hours of tech support per tech required (**sometimes events do not need to use two technicians).
- weekly -35 hours of tech support per tech required.
- Use of all theatre equipment (including projector & screen)
- Dressing rooms with private washroom, shower and lockers
- Box Office Administration and Box Office/Bar Staff
- Ushers (max of 3)
- Podium/Music Stands
- Use of three wall mounted frames in Cox & Palmer Second Space to display merchandise, posters, etc. (Subject to availability)
- Wi-Fi connection and internet data jacks
Possible Extra Expenses:
- Renter must provide their own Sound and Lighting Operators. All Operators must be approved by our Technical Director. RCA technicians can be the operators at a cost of $25/hour for a min 4-hour call. If the renter requires sound or lighting design than that is a separate contract outside of RCA;
- Renter pays all Debit fees (10 cents per transaction) and all Credit Card fees (2.2% + 30 cents per transaction) (for ticketed performances only);
- RCA takes 1.5% of net box office profit through the box office settlement (for ticketed performances only);
- For each ticket sold there is an LSPU Hall Building Maintenance Fund Fee of $2.25 and a box office handling fee of $0.75. For all complimentary tickets there is a $0.40 per ticket fee (for ticketed performances only);
- CAPE Fund Fee $0.50 – (optional-for ticketed performances only). Cultural Artists Plan for Emergencies (CAPE) is a special fund for artists in Newfoundland experiencing exceptional emergencies or crises.
- SOCAN fees apply to different rentals depending on the content of show. (All SOCAN fees are subject to HST.)
- Insurance $25 if Renter does not have their own insurance