The Main Stage Theatre
The Main Stage Theatre at the LSPU Hall is a black box studio theatre with fully functioning sound and lighting and video systems suitable for intimate theatrical presentations as well as conferences, concerts, dance, film and theatre festivals, recitals, corporate events.
- Seating Capacity: 198 total
- 178 fixed plush stadium seating (includes 12 balcony seats)
- 20 free-standing chairs (front floor row)
- Accessible seating available in front floor row.
- Seat map
Rental Rates (Updated July 2019)
Not for Profit/Artist:
- Daily Rental (Monday-Thursday) – $380
- Daily Rental (Friday-Sunday) – $507
- Weekly Rental (Monday-Sunday) – $2540
- Additional Performances – $150 per day
- 60/40 Box Office Split Agreement available to weekly theatre rentals meeting certain criteria
Services Included in Rental Fees:
• Daily rental: 8 hours of technical set-up/strike (2 technical staff) plus show call;
• Weekly rental: 35 hours of technical set-up/strike (2 technical staff) including show call.
Please note: An RCA Technician must be in the Theatre any time renter is running sound or lights; daily/weekly hours must include show call; renter is responsible for providing TD-approved operators.
• Full access to theatre inventory (lighting/sound/video equipment) and dressing rooms; box office services & ushers; bar services.
· Billboard space available on Duckworth Street. Installation & removal is the responsibility of the Renter.
Additional Services Available:
• Board Operation: $100 per performance, per technician. Live sound mixing is subject to additional fees.
· Sound or Lighting Design services are separate contracts outside of RCA, and arrangements must be made in advance of the rental with RCA Technicians to determine costs.
• Additional Technical Staff: $20/hour, if determined as necessary by RCA Technical Staff.
• Overtime rates: $30/hour for RCA’s Technical Staff
• Working on Statutory Holidays: As per Newfoundland and Labrador Labour Standards, employees are entitled to receive wages twice their regular rate for the hours worked on the holiday.
– Box Office/Bar Staff regular rate = $15/Hr (3-hour min)
– Technicians regular rate = $20-25/Hr (3-hour min)
• Piano Tuning: $100 (optional)
• Gels: $75 (for weekly rentals only – unlimited access to all gel stock)
• Projector Use: $25/day, $150/week (optional)
• Hazer/Fog Machine: $10 (for weekly rentals only, if used)
• Insurance: Commercial General Liability coverage is available during the Renter’s use of the Hall for $25.
Main Stage Box Office:
• RCA takes 1.5% of net box office profit through the box office settlement;
• Renter pays all Debit fees (5¢ per transaction) and all Credit Card fees (2.2% + 30¢ per transaction);
• Per ticket sold: $4 in fees – LSPU Hall Building Maintenance Fund Fee ($3.25) plus Box Office Handling Fee ($0.75). The $4 fee is mainly borne by the patron and is added to renter’s ticket prices.
· Optional CAPE Fund ticket surcharge: $0.50 per ticket, borne by the patron.
• Complimentary Tickets: $0.40 per ticket fee; the comp fee is borne by the Renter.
• Entandem (formerly, SOCAN) fees apply to different rentals depending on the content of show. All Entandem fees are subject to HST.
Please note that all renters are required to comply with RCA’s Respectful Workplace Policy, available upon request.
For all rental inquiries please contact our Operations Manager, Crystal Laffoley, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 709-753-4531 ext 207.