Organization: Resource Centre for the Arts
Position: Communications Officer
Resource Centre for the Arts is a community arts organization that owns and operates the LSPU Hall and Resource Centre for the Arts Theatre Company (RCAT). RCA provides resources and a supportive environment for the production and promotion of Newfoundland and Labrador performing arts community.
The Communications Officer position works closely with, at the direction of, and reports to the General Manager of RCA and the Artistic Animateur at RCA Theatre Company. This position manages the promotion of the productions, services, and public image of the Resource Centre for the Arts/LSPU Hall (The Hall) and RCA Theatre Company (RCAT).
The ideal candidate will have previous experience developing comprehensive publicity and advertising strategies, coordinating the graphic design of promotional materials, using content management systems, soliciting and organizing media interviews (print, radio and TV), event planning and promotion, writing newsletters, press releases, articles, calendar listings, and public service announcements (PSA’s), and conducting market research.
Other duties will include:
- For RCA Theatre Productions and RCA Presentations – preparing and supervising the design, printing and production of consistent publicity materials (posters, flyers, newsletters, handbills and programmes);
- Fielding and responding to media inquiries generated by press releases, or regarding a specific production or event;
- Coordinating handling of reviewers, including contacting them, securing comp tickets, and compiling press packets;
- Coordinating and overseeing photo sessions for public relations and marketing purposes;
- Assisting the General Manager with all accounts receivable and accounts payable including processing invoices, bi-monthly cheque requisitions and payroll ;
- Managing all volunteers, including booking volunteers for front of house duties for all performances, orientation of new volunteers, ensure volunteers are trained in fire evacuation services under Box Office-Facilities Manager;
- Educational background in Marketing, Publicity and/or Communications or equivalent experience;
- Computer literacy specifically Microsoft Office Suite Programs and Adobe Design Premium Software (particularly Photoshop and InDesign);
- Previous Marketing and Publicity and administrative experience (min 3 years experience);
- Previous experience working within the arts community.
- Good understanding of various social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, etc.);
- Ability to communicate well and work as part of a team with a minimum of supervision is essential;
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: September 21, 2016
For More Information, and to Email Resume and Cover Letter Please Contact:
General Manager, Resource Centre for The Arts
709-753-4531 ext. 201
Deliver your Resume in Person to:
LSPU Hall, 3 Victoria Street, St. John’s, NL