1789 – It was the location of the first Congregationalist Church in Newfoundland.
1817 – It was destroyed in one of several Great Fires that ravaged St. John’s in the nineteenth century.
1853 – The Sons of Temperance purchased the building and then had to rebuild after it was destroyed again in the Great Fire of 1892.
1912 – The building was sold to the Longshoremen’s Protective Union (LSPU).
1922 – The Hall was again extensively damaged by fire and was once again rebuilt.
1976 – The building was bought by the Resource Foundation for the Arts (RFA).
1984 – The Hall was renovated with an eye to enhancing its heritage features. For this, RCA received the 1984 Southcott Award from the Newfoundland Heritage Foundation.
1985 – The contribution of RCA to the cultural and community life within the province was recognized by the Newfoundland Arts Council with the Fred Earle Award for Community Arts Development.
1988 – The LSPU Hall was recognised as a Registered Heritage Structure in October.
2008 – Renovations began on the building, funded in part by the Government of Canada through the Department of Canadian Heritage and the Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency, the Province of Newfoundland and Labrador, and the City of St. John’s.
2010 – The LSPU Hall once again opened its doors to the public with a new and improved interior space, complete with brand new theatre seats and an air conditioning system.